Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Year!

Since this day happens only once every four years, I figured I should document it. :)
And I feel it necessary to post random pictures throughout the post, starting with this picture of why I should just be thankful I'm not a rhino.


Today was pretty much the most regular day of my life.
I woke up, took a shower, drove to school, parked at the back of the parking lot because I always get there 5 minutes before class starts, went to foods and learned about etiquette, went to paws and literally sat there for 35 minutes, went to the band room and ran errands for Simpson, played Temple Run and dominated my high score, went to Spanish and created a wicked hard word search (because I'm evil) of some random verbs, ate chicken, went back to Spanish and wrote 25 sentences in different tenses (you know, like...times?) (is tenses even a word?), went to sewing and cut out the pattern pieces for my dress while chatting with Elise, came home and cleaned up the kitchen, made dinner, watched some TV, and I am now blogging.

WOO.

I'm pretty excited that tomorrow is "Friday". We don't have school on the for real Friday because of parent teacher conferences. muahahaha! So I'm doing NOTHING that day to prepare for the busy week ahead of me!
I'm excited for my sister's birthday party! We're going to see The Lorax because it looks like it is going to be fantastic. And Dr. Seuss is my favorite. Ever.


Um.

I have to attend Region Solo and Ensemble on Tuesday night. *shoots self*
I honestly hate solo and ensemble so much. Our clarinet choir went to state last year and it was rad! But this year I just don't have the time and dedication that I need to get pumped about it. Plus our song is super difficult and we suck at playing it. It's not like we'll get a good enough score to move on to state anyway. Oh, and Krisitanna is getting her wisdom teeth out tomorrow so she won't even be able to go and play with us. Doing band-related stuff without her sucks. At least I have Katie though. :)

Sometimes I wish I was a trumpet player...
Then I remember what trumpet players are like.
And I go hug my clarinet.

In other news, our basketball team went to state and ALMOST won their game. The refs like to make little children cry so they were being stupid and we lost. But the game was a lot of fun :) Coach Smith specifically invited the band to come and play and support the team, that was pretty cool. So like 60 of us went and stood in an arc and played super great. I guess I'll never, ever know what it's like to go to a high school sporting event as a regular student. Oh well. Committing my life to band was the best decision I could have ever made. :)
Weirdest thing about that game was being in the Maverick Center. Next time I go there I'm graduating. Only 91 more days. Holy. Cow. We're picking up our caps and gowns and whatnot tomorrow and I'm freaking out. I don't know how I feel about this yet. I know that I'm super excited to be done with school but college is going to be hard. I think hard is an understatement. Sure, people say it's fun...but I don't know if I'm ready for it. I don't feel like I need to be grown up yet. I'm still just a kid...obviously.


Um.

I'm out of pictures so I guess that means I have to stop talking now... :)
Thanks for reading! I hope you have a really great day! I'm sure I won't ;)

Oh! Fun fact about myself: as much as I love music, I adore silence. I hardly ever listen to the radio when I drive, clean, do homework, whatever! I find music to be very distracting...hahah. I always care more about what I'm listening to than what I'm doing. Which results in some safety issues. So to you people who have your headphones in ALL DAY long at school and stuff, I've gotta hand it to you, I could never do that. I wouldn't learn a dang thing. And I'd often walk much faster or slower than the rest of the world. I can't stand not walking with the tempo. Hahaha the downside of being a band kid... Anyway I just thought you all should know that. :)

Loves<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? :)