Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Ziggy Cat

Meet my favorite kitty, Ziggy :)


So, a little back sorry. Of course ;) We have been living in the same basement apartment for our entire marriage. Scott's uncle is our landlord and he's very good to us. So good to us, in fact, that he revoked his previous rule of "you get a cat you give me a $500 cleaning deposit" and GAVE us a cat. Like what?! He texted Scott a couple weeks ago asking if we wanted a cat and we were like is this a joke?! I guess they had taken Ziggy in for a friend but he wasn't getting along well with the other cat, dog, and babies that also live in the house. They figured he would probably be happier in a more chill environment so they offered him to us. After petting him for 2 minutes I decided I wanted him and we brought Ziggy home. (Read: carried him through the yard and down the stairwell to our apartment) 

I'm going to be perfectly honest, I've never had a pet and they've never really been appealing to me. Hair, poop, buying food, not being able to run away on vacation whenever you want... The list goes on. And our first night with him was rough. He pawed at our door and meowed until he got in and then climbed all over us at 2 am. And then we shut him out of our bedroom and he promptly threw up in the hallway on the carpet. I told Scott I would do one more day and he was going back. Silly Kara.

After a few days of coming home to his sweet face and petting him endlessly I fell in love with the dang cat and now I couldn't be happier. I have learned to live with the fur and only vacuum twice a week now instead of every day. That's a huge accomplishment, trust me. Also he's not allowed in our bedroom unless we're there too and I laid down a fleece blanket at the foot of our bed for him to sleep on so he doesn't ruin our expensive comforter. We are slowly finding balance in life. He's a sweet cat and I really, really love him. 


Bonuses! He's pretty old (12) so he's not super hyper and he loves to lay down wherever you are. You can pet him for hours and all he does is purr. Also he's litter box trained and hasn't had any accidents yet. AND he's already been declawed so I don't have to deal with getting scratched all the time. We opted not to change his name because he's been Ziggy his whole life and it seemed dumb to change it now. When he lays on his side he crosses his little paws and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen. I have no idea how I lived so many years of my life without this little guy! :)

DFTBA

1 comment:

  1. Hehe I'm allergic, but I love cats too... And I'm digging the name "Ziggy" ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? :)