Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Mid-September Thoughts

Weirdly, I feel like this semester has been going for ages, yet I can't believe September is already half over. Like what? Didn't we just start this? Anyway, I'm NOT one of those girls who goes ga ga over fall. I actually really hate fall. It's cold and windy and all those "pretty leaves" get mashed into a pile at the bottom of the stairwell. It's dark in the mornings when I go to work (and sit there for 2 hours because WHO NEEDS SMOOTHIES AT 7 AM) and dark again at like 6. So, yeah. Not too pumped to say goodbye to summer because I adore summer and fall is meh.

This is from Thanksgiving last year since I don't have a current fall picture.
This is also one of my most favorite regular pictures of Scott and I.
That porch is just our place, you know?

Scott and I bought another car last week. When we bought our Accord in May we knew we would be back to the dealership very soon. It's not my favorite thing in the world having to buy two cars so close together but it was fun to go through the excitement of getting a new car again. And it was also cool to see our savings plan actually work. We made a pretty tough goal to save X amount of dollars in 3 months for a down payment and we DID IT! So go us.

Scott really wanted the Accord and so this time it was my turn to pick. I wanted a family-ish car because that seemed like the most sense since we're hoping to start our family in the next few years. I had been researching and was sort of bummed that we probably couldn't afford the type of car I was wanting but lo and behold I found something perfect for us. Kind of.

The dealer we went to has their whole inventory online and I was checking it about 3 times a month. Lately I haven't been checking very regularly but the other day I had a feeling to get on their website. I found a 2011 Ford Escape that was in our price range so I started reading about them. The more I read the more excited I was and I sent Scott to go look because I was sitting in class at the time. He said he liked it and after I got home from school I went to look at it and we decided we would put a deposit on it to hold it for the next day when we could go sign together. We went back the next day to finalize everything and ended up seeing another one in the lot that was better in every single way than the one we were originally going to buy. We changed our minds at the last minute (the workers were so very nice and patient with us) and ended up with a shiny black 2012 with only 19,000 miles on it. It's so beautiful and I love it so much. It was a crazy couple of days but it was all worth it. And now I have a mom car that belongs to me and not my parents ;)

Guess who doesn't have a picture?
Google one cause I definitely don't want to go out in the rain to take one

Ziggy is doing well. I don't know how I ever lived without him cause he just makes my life so happy. I love coming home and having him by the door meowing at me. He probably just wants food but I still love to see him. I lay on the floor for an hour and pet him and he doesn't run away. It's the best.

Scott and I are also doing well. Scott got a promotion at his job a couple months ago and it's been an adjustment. He is now an operations manager and he's liking it so far. He's definitely more stressed than he was before as a trainer but he enjoys being in charge of people. But he's on salary now so he works long days and doesn't get overtime which is a real bummer. SAY NO TO SALARY!!!

Other than that everything else is the same as it's always been. I feel like I need to write more so I can go back and read it in the future but I'm just so lazy. And none of these things seem important, so there's that. Also this picture is from the last day of summer school when I had to present what I had been working so hard on all semester. Woop.


DFTBA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? :)