Wednesday, May 27, 2015

MAY!

So many things have happened in the last month. I've been meaning to write them down but I'm just the worst. Anyway, here's a few pictures and even more words :)

-Spring semester is over! I ended up with a stupid 3.9 and I don't really wanna talk about it. A couple of my classes were pretty hard and I was grateful to see them go. Also, Scott and I evaluated our lives and decided to go to summer school. He'll have his associates in August and I'll have my bachelors in May 2016. I could not be happier.

-We went on a quick trip to St. George to see one of our good friends from high school get married! That morning at 8 Scott's cousin got married in the Salt Lake temple so after the sealing we drove home, changed, bought some more snacks, and picked up our two friends. We made it to Provo before we needed a lunch break. Upon eating Lorna realized she didn't pack a shirt, tie, or belt for Braden so we headed to Ross and shopped with 800,000 other people.

Wedding #1 :)

After a million hours of driving we made it to St. George and had about an hour to get ready. I wasted a bunch of time trying to put my hair in a bun and gave up 20 minutes before we had to leave. I jumped in the shower (washed my hair!) and got completely ready in time. It was the most amazing thing I've ever done.

After days and days of searching my closet for the perfect outfit for the wedding Scott let me get a new dress.
He even took me to 5 different stores to look.
He's the real MVP.

Geremy's wedding was at the most beautiful place. It was so good to see him and he was really happy! We chatted, ate, and danced and enjoyed the night. After we got back to our hotel we really wanted to go to the hot tub but it was closed. The nice lady at the front desk told us if we were quiet we could go. We were so pumped only to find out that it was more of a luke-warm tub than a hot tub. Basically it was too cold outside to deal so we just went to bed. Everything else about our hotel was fab though!


I'm very sorry about the terrible quality but LOOK HOW HAPPY GER IS :')

The next day we drove around town and went to see the temple. I was super bummed we hadn't planned to actually go in the temple because when we got there that's all I wanted to do. But, we enjoyed the visitors center and walking through the grounds. It was a beautiful day and we had lunch at the most delicious Pizza Factory. We wanted to go to Dixie Rock but it was closed off due to the Iron Man race going on... so we settled for the museum featuring 150 years of wedding dresses. It was actually really cool! After that we decided it was time to head home. We hadn't been on the road very long when Scott got pulled over for speeding. Thankfully they let him off with a warning. I was grateful we didn't get a ticket but having to drive the speed limit the rest of the way made for a VERY long trip. Don't speed, kids.

One of my favorites!
I love the old temples.

-On May 5th we had updated pictures of us done by Ashley Ziegler Photography! That deserves a whole post all on it's own but I just had to mention it real quick. I had such a good time and I absolutely love our pictures! Ashley gets 10 high fives from me!

Total heart eye emoji

-The next day on May 6th Scott had sinus surgery. Oh, how fun that was. I was a nervous wreck but everything turned out fine. He recovered very well and hasn't had any problems so far. After surgery we went and stayed at his grandparents house because it was empty and quiet (they were out of town) and it was so nice to just chill (read: watch 100 episodes of Catfish because CABLE!) and play with the cats for a couple days! His post-op is tomorrow so hopefully they find that everything is healing normal. I am so glad he's feeling better :)

I took 2 hours for them to finally take him back into surgery so we watched Cutthroat Kitchen and discussed finances. Very fun.

Simba being beautiful <3

-On May 11th we bought our very first car! It was a crazy stressful day but we ended up pretty happy with what we got. It's a 2012 Honda Accord and it's sooo nice. We've been working and saving for a long time and it feels good to own something so pretty. It was good practice for next time... cause yeah we have to buy another car in few months. Pray for us.

I would go back to this sketchy car lot in a heartbeat!

-On May 14th Elder Simpson came home from serving two years in Ohio! Scott hadn't seen his brother in FOUR years and it was a sweet reunion. It has been fun having my friend home again!


-May 19th Scott and I both started our summer classes. It has been so crappy. I hate never seeing Scott and when I do see him we both have homework to do. It's so sad and I can't wait for this to be over. ONE MORE YEAR.

-Memorial weekend we went with my parents and sister to decorate graves. We do it every year and Scott had never been before. He had a good time learning a little about our family history and seeing where my parents grew up. That night we got both of our families together and had a fire. S'mores are #1. 

Phew. I think that's most of what happened the last month. It's been crazy busy but very fun! I have a happy life and I'm thankful for all the great people in it.

ALSO.

MY BEST FRIEND, LIKE ACTUAL BEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WORLD, IS COMING HOME IN 12 DAYS. TWELVE DAYS. GUYS.

I can't wait to hug her. It's been too long. 

DFTBA

2 comments:

  1. This was such a fun month! I'm actually sad it's over. We had so much happen! I love our car! I love my nose! And I especially love my Kara! Thanks so much for Kara for making our marriage a happy adventure! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have had a lot going on! And what a wonderful car and temple trip and the best yet.... MISSIONARIES COMING HOME!!! Brady and his brother didn't see each other for four years as well. It was crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? :)