Tuesday, March 10, 2015

23 Never Looked So Good

Scott's 23rd birthday was on Sunday so of course we celebrated all weekend long! We had made a few previous plans and basically all of them went out the window a few days before the weekend. But don't worry- we still had a great time!

First, a little back story. A few months ago Scott mentioned that he wanted to get a Wii for his birthday so we were planning on getting one. However, I didn't know that the Wii had changed so much and that the new Wii U was basically nothing like the old Wii and was so dang expensive. I was on the fence about it so Friday I went in to work and consulted with my boss who knows a lot about video games. I asked him a million questions and he convinced me to get the latest and greatest Wii U and even agreed to go with me to buy it. After work we headed over to Game Stop and he helped me get what I needed. I rushed home and then to Walmart for wrapping supplies... and more presents. Whoops.

Please appreciate how cute these are because boys just don't

When he got home from work we ordered Domino's and went to pick it up (because the $2 delivery charge + tip is way too much for my cheap self. And we live sooo close it's stupid not go get it yourself). I gave him his first present (Big Hero 6!) and we watched it while we ate. About halfway through the movie I decided I couldn't wait to give him the Wii U and after the movie ended I gave him a bag with a controller wrapped inside. He opened it up and was like DOES THIS MEAN WE ARE GETTING A WII?! And I chuckled and went into our bedroom and brought out the big box. I knew if he had seen it he would have known so I kept it hidden until right before he opened it. Let's just say he was very, very happy. We stayed up until 1:00 playing Super Mario 3D world.


I don't have my own picture so this is Google's best. 
Anyway, it seriously is the coolest. The main controller is this game pad and it is huge! It has its own screen with all sorts of random features. All additional players use regular controllers and the games are just so stellar. But! There is an option to go back to the regular Wii menu so you can play all the old games and whatnot on it. It's the best of both worlds and it totally rocks!

Saturday we slept in and played games all morning. We ate waffles and eventually got up to go get ready for the day. We ran a few errands and then met up with his family. We went bowling and had a great time! I did better than I ever have before so that was fun! When our 3 games were done we headed to Texas Roadhouse and enjoyed lots and lots of food!

A nice blurry picture from bowling :)

Sunday was Scott's actual birthday but it was pretty low-key. He had a meeting so we had our fun fancy breakfast when he got home from that. We ditched our own ward because Katie (WHO IS ON A PLANE TO CHILE AS WE SPEAK!) had her farewell and we were not about to miss that! After her church we went to my parents house for dinner with my family because my grandparents were in town, We had a nice meal and a good chat and of course I loved seeing little Ben :)

Because matching is cool ;)

It was such a nice weekend and it was a lot of fun. I am so, so happy to have this man by my side. He makes my life so much more wonderful and I can't imagine being without him. Happiest of birthdays, Scotty :)

DFTBA

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good wife! I love the wrapping paper, super cute :) The new wii sounds like so much fun! Glad Scott had a fun birthday weekend. Xo

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? :)